Boat Cruises and Ferry Rides
Breweries & Vineyards
Canoe and Kayak Rivers
Canoe and Kayak Trip Outfitters
Casinos and Race Tracks
Cheese Factories & Tours
Farm Tours & Petting Zoos
Mountainbike & Off-road Trails
National Forests & Recreation Areas
Orchards & Pick-Your-Own
State Parks, Forests & Recreation Areas
Summer Camps & Youth Programs
Train Rides & Railroad Museums
Northeast Wisconsin Museums
( Click County Name to see where attraction is located )
- Alexander Noble House
- The Alexander Noble House, built in 1875, is an authentic example of a Greek Revival farmhouse. Enjoy a tour of the 10-room home and experience a portrayal of domestic life in Door County at the turn of the century. Walk the town of Fish Creek where a thriving fishing and shipping village once stood. Imagine the steamships at dock waiting for horse-drawn carriages to deliver summer guests to their lodgings. Tours Tuesday-Saturday 10 - 3 pm, June thru October. Admission: Adults $5, Children $2.
4167 Main Street, Fish Creek, Door County.
- Amberg Museum
- Call 715-759-5672.
W9289 Nutt Rd, Amberg, Marinette County.
- Anderson House Museum
- Hwy 57, Sister Bay, Door County.
- Arvid Miller Memorial Library Museum
- Open year round Mon to Fri 8 am to 4:30 pm. Rare displays of birch bark baskets, arrowheads, war clubs, pipes and tribal documents.
N8510 Moheconnuck Rd, Bowler, Shawano County.
- Barlow Planetarium
- Call for hours. Star charts, programs and observation.
Call 920-832-2848 for a recording of shows, or 920-832-2868 for reservations.
UW Fox Valley, Menasha, Winnebago County.
- Bergstrom-Mahler Museum
- Known as the "Mecca" of the Paperweight world. With over 1,000 paperweights continuously on display, our Collection is world renowned. Open Tu-F 10 am to 4:30pm, Th 10 am to 8 pm. Sat and Sun 1 to 4:30 pm.
Call 920-751-4670 or 290-751-4658.
165 N Park Ave, Neenah, Winnebago County.
- Beyer Historic Home Museum Annex
- Guided tours June-LD M-Sa 10 am to 4 pm; Su noon to 4 pm. 1880's Victorian home and annex displaying Indian, Civil War and logging artifacts.
917 Park Ave, Oconto, Oconto County.
- Burlington-Northern Railway Museum
- Call 715-392-1026 or toll-free 800-774-3414.
RFD 1, Laona, Forest County.
- Camp Five Logging Museum
- Call 715-674-3414 or toll-free 800-774-3141.
RFD #1, Laona, Forest County.
- Carl's Wood Art Museum
- Call 715-479-1883.
1230 Sundstein Rd, Eagle River, Vilas County.
- Charles A Grignon Mansion
- This historic house-museum showcases life in Wisconsin's early settlement days. In 1837, Charles A Grignon built the elegant Mansion as a wedding gift for his bride, Mary Elizabeth Meade. An oasis of luxury and civilization, this stately home was known as The "Mansion in the Woods." The home models the "high style" Greek Revival architecture. Visitors may browse or take a tour. The grounds includes a blacksmith's shop and apple orchard. Open year-round for groups by appointment.
1313 Augustine St, Kaukauna, Outagamie County.
- Door County Maritime Museum
- Local maritime history, including boats from the early 1900s, shipbuilding, commercial fishing, even a fishing tug. Open Memorial Day to Labor Day daily 9 am to 6 pm, Labor Day to Memorial Day 10 am to 5 pm.
120 N Madison Ave, Sturgeon Bay, Door County.
- Door County Historical Museum
- Open May 1 to October 31 daily, 10 am to 4:30 pm. Our exhibits detail the uniqueness of Door County from settlement onward and also include a natural history diorama and the Pioneer Fire Station.
18 N 4th Ave, Sturgeon Bay, Door County.
- Dr Kate Museum
- Open Memorial Day to Labor Day, call for times. Local museum includes exhibit honoring this Wisconsin pioneer physician.
923 Second Ave, Woodruff, Oneida County.
- EAA Airventure Museum
- One of the world's largest aviation museums with over 160 full-size aircraft displayed in a modern building. Six theaters, an exhibit of World War II fighters and bombers; the world's largest collection of aerobatic, air racing and homebuilt aircraft, and record breaking airplanes - including the smallest that has ever flown! A children's museum of aviation with over 25 interactive exhibits and flight simulators will keep all kids entertained. Open Mon-Sat 8:30 am to 5 pm. Sun 10 am to 5 pm.
3000 Poberezny Rd, Oshkosh, Hwys 41 and 44, Winnebago County.
- Forest County Potawatomi Museum
- Tour this amazing exhibit which focuses on the history of the Forest County Potawatomi tribe. Colorful exhibits and many interactive displays are truly worth the visit. General admission $3, senior citizens and children ages 5-12 years old $1, under 5 free. Open 9 am to 4 pm.
3 miles east of Crandon on highways 8 and 32. 5460 Everybody's Road, Crandon, Forest County.
- Fox Cities Children's Museum
- Dozens of hands-on exhibits for exploration and discovery. Closed Mondays. Open Tue-Fri 9 am to 5 pm. Sat 10 am to 5 pm. Sun noon to 5 pm.
Avenue Mall, Outagamie County.
- George W Brown, Jr Ojibwe Museum and Cultural Center
- Come visit one of the midwest's finest tribal museums and gift shops. Offering visitor tours, living history presentations, videos, and a beautiful 4-seasons diorama depicting the Anishinabe way of life. Enjoy our lake side setting located in historic downtown Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin. We offer on site assistance researching from our Documents & Photo library, Arts and Crafts workshops throughout the summer months and Indian Bowl Dance Performances every Tuesday night starting June-August. Open Fall Sep 4-Oct 15 Mon-Fri 10-4, Winter Oct 16-Mar 8 Tue-Thr 10-4, Spring Mar 11-May 17 Mon-Fri 10-4 Sat 10-2, Summer May 18-Sep 4 Mon-Fri 10-4 Sat 10-2 Tue 4-7. Or tours by appointment.
Admission $3 adults, $2 children 5-16, free for children under 5, $2 seniors.
603 Peace Pipe Rd, Lac du Flambeau, Vilas County.
- Great Explorations Children's Museum
- Hands-on exhibits and interactive programs especially for kids. Open Tue and Fri 10 am to 8 pm, Wed and Thu 10 am to 5 pm, Sat 10 am to 6 pm, Sun noon to 5 pm.
Port Plaza Mall, 2nd level, Brown County.
- Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame
- Exhibits, shows and memorabilia capture the Packer legend. Open daily Jun-Aug: 9 am to 6 pm, Sep to May: 10 am to 5 pm.
1265 Lombardi Ave, Green Bay, Brown County.
- Hamburger Hall of Fame
- Hamburger artifacts and memorabilia. Open daily Memorial Day to Labor Day 10 am to 4 pm. Donation requested.
126 N Main St, Seymour, Outagamie County.
- Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum
- Displays of original wood block printing equipment and rare memorabilia. Donation requested.
1617 Jefferson St, Two Rivers, Manitowoc County.
- Hazelwood Historic Home Museum
- Restored 1837 authentically-furnished Greek-revival home. Open May to Memorial Day Sat and Sun only 1 to 4 pm, Memorial Day to Labor Day Mon Wed Thu Fri 10 am to 1:30 pm, Sat and Sun 1 to 4 pm.
1008 S Monroe Ave, Green Bay, Brown County.
- Hearthstone Historic House Museum
- This stunning 1882 Queen Anne home is the first house in the world lit with hydroelectricity from Thomas Edison's central power station. Exhibits change frequently. Open for guided tours Tuesdays - Fridays 10 am to 3:30 pm, Saturdays 11am - 3:30pm. For more information check our website, or
625 W Prospect Ave, Appleton, Outagamie County.
- Heritage Hill State Historical Park
- Experience living history at this 49-acre outdoor museum. Twenty-five historic buildings dating from 1672 through 1905, with costumed interpreters. Open Memorial Day to Labor Day Monday through Saturday 10 am to 4:30 pm and Sundays from Noon to 4:30 pm. Admission $8.00 adults, $7.00 seniors, $6.00 Children 5-17, free for children age 4 and under.
Call 920-448-5150 or toll-free 800-721-5150.
On SR 172, 2-1/2 miles E of US 41, Brown County.
- Heritage Park Museum
- Restored country schoolhouse, dairy, log cabin. Open June-Sep Wed, Sat and Sun 1:30 to 4:30 pm. $2 donation requested.
First and Franklin, Shawano, Shawano County.
- Historical Museum
- Open daily year-round 1 to 4 pm. Guided tours W, Sa and Su, except holidays, or by appt. Local history displayed in the home of Merrill's first mayor.
804 E Third St, Merrill, Lincoln County.
- International Snowmobile Racing Hall of Fame and Museum
- Call 715-359-9917.
Hwy 70 E, St Germain, Vilas County.
- International Softball Congress Hall of Fame
- Call 920-788-7500.
515 W Kimberly Ave, Kimberly, Outagamie County.
- Jackson Harbor Maritime Museum
- Maritime and fishing artifacts. Open Memorial Day-early Oct, call for times and days.
Jackson Harbor Rd, Washinton Island, Door County.
- Jacobsen's Museum
- Indian artifacts and local history in a log cabin museum. Open daily mid-June to early Oct.
Little Lake Rd, Washinton Island, Door County.
- Kewaunee County Historical Museum and Old Jail
- Built in 1876, this building contains not only rare dungeon-type jail cells but also the sheriff's home and office. Notable exhibits include; two 1880's period rooms, the only known wood carving of "Custer's Last Stand" and numerous articles used during the late 1880's to early 1900's. Open daily 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. Adults $2, children under twelve free.
613 Dodge St, Kewaunee, Kewaunee County.
- Logging Museum
- Call 715-732-0831.
Marinette, Marinette County.
- Logging Museum Complex
- Open daily mid-May to mid-Sept 10 am to 5 pm. Full-scale reproduction of a 19th century logging camp with narrow-gauge railroad.
Pioneer Park, Rhinelander, Oneida County.
- Lumberjack Special Steam Train and Camp Five Museum
- Call 715-647-3414 or toll-free 800-774-3414.
Rt 1, Laona, Forest County.
- Marinette County Historical Museum
- Regional logging and maritime history. Open Memorial Day-Sep: Mon-Sat 10 am to 4:30 pm, Sun noon to 4 pm.
Bridge St, Marinette, Marinette County.
- Menominee Logging Museum
- Open May 1-Oct 15 M-Sa, 9 am to 4 pm. The largest collection of logging artifacts in the world.
Keshena, Menominee County.
- Military Veterans Museum, Inc
- The Museum strives to further national pride and patriotism, to educate youth and adults regarding the role of the "citizen soldier" and to provide an orderly collection and display of militaria and memorabilia. Mon-Sat 12-5 p.m.; Sun 12-3 p.m. Donation.
Commerce St and Pearl Ave, Oshkosh, Park Plaza Office Complex, Winnebago County.
- Miller Art Museum
- Call 920-746-0707.
107 S Fourth Avenue, Sturgeon Bay, Door County.
- Minocqua Museum
- Open early June-LD, Mon to Fri 10 am to 4 pm, Museum of local history.
Call 715-356-9591 or 715-356-7666.
Bolger Memorial Building., Oneida County.
- National Railroad Museum
- Explore America's railroad heritage. Marvel at the Union Pacific Big Boy, the world's largest steam locomotive, and Eisenhower's World War II command train. Over 70 pieces of railroad equipment on display. Ride a full-size train. Open year around: Monday - Saturday 9 - 5 pm, Sunday 11 - 5 pm.
Call 920-437-7623 or 920-435-7245.
2285 S Broadway, Green Bay, Brown County.
- Neville Public Museum
- Two floors filled with changing history, art and science exhibits. Open Tue & Thu-Sat 9 am to 4 pm. Wed 9 am to 9 pm. Sun noon to 4 pm. Donation requested.
210 Museum Place, Green Bay, Brown County.
- NorthernWaters Museum
- Created from a ski lodge, moved from the original King's Gateway Hotel to Land O' Lakes Town Park, just west of downtown on Hwy B. Operated by the Land O' Lakes Historical Society and showcases the history of the area. Hours of this FREE museum are 11am to 3pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from July thru Colorama; group tours can also be arranged. 2009 will begin a new exhibit featuring HISTORIC RESORTS of the Land O' Lakes area, covering a time span of 125 years and nearly 25 miles.
6490 Chippewa Drive, Land O' Lakes, Vilas County.
- Northwoods Children's Museum
- Call 715-479-4623.
346 W Division St, Eagle River, Vilas County.
- Oconto Archaic Copper Museum
- National Historic Landmark and state park, museum demonstrates what was found at this oldest copper burial ground. Open Memorial Day to Labor Day Sat and Sun from 11am to 3pm or by appointment. Admission is free guided tours available.
Oconto, Oconto County.
- Ojibway Museum and Cultural Center
- Call 715-588-3333.
603 Peace Pipe Rd, Lac du Flambeau, Vilas County.
- Old Rock Mill Museum
- Call 920-863-2812.
16612 Cty R, Maribel, Manitowoc County.
- Oneida Nation Museum
- Largest exhibit of Oneida history and artifacts in the world. Open summer Tue-Fri 10 am to 6 pm, Sat 10 am to 5 pm, Sun noon to 5 pm. Near the intersection of Cty E and EE.
W892 Cty EE, De Pere, Brown County.
- Oshkosh Public Museum
- Experience the rich history of the Lake Winnebago Region. Travel back in time with family-friendly exhibits that bring the region's history to life, watch the famous Apostles Clock chime the hour, stroll through the 1908 Sawyer mansion and check out the traveling exhibitions scheduled throughout the year. Whatever your interests, the museum has something for everyone! Hours: Tue-Sat, 10am-4:30pm; Sun, 1-4:30pm. Admission charged.
1331 Algoma Blvd, Oshkosh, Winnebago County.
- Paine Art Center and Gardens
- Revered as an "American castle," the Paine is an outstanding combination of historic mansion, art galleries and seasonal, display gardens. Open Tuesday - Sunday, 11 am - 4 pm. General Admission applies.
1410 Algoma Blvd, Oshkosh, Winnebago County.
- Peshtigo Fire Museum
- Commemorates the Great Peshtigo Fire. Open daily from May 19th to October 8th from 9 am to 4:30 pm. Last year the museum drew 11,555 visitors from 49 states and 21 foreign countries.
400 Oconto Ave, Peshtigo, Marinette County.
- Rahr-West Art Museum
- Fine art museum in a Victorian mansion. Open Mon to Fri 10 am to 4 pm. Wed to 8 pm. Sat and Sun 11 am to 4 pm.
610 N Eighth St, Manitowoc, Manitowoc County.
- Rhinelander Logging Museum
- Call 715-369-5004.
Rhinelander, Oneida County.
- Rogers Street Historic Fishing Village
- 1886 lighthouse and Great Lakes Coast Guard Museum. Open Jun -Oct 10 am to 4 pm.
5905 Jackson St, Two Rivers, Manitowoc County.
- Tayco Street Bridge Tower Museum
- Call 920-751-5155.
Tayco and Main St, Menasha, Winnebago County.
- The History Museum At The Castle
- Explore history through hands-on activities in a former Masonic Temple. Exhibits weave national and local events together to provide perspective and inspire an appreciation for history. The AKA Houdini exhibit gives visitors an inside look at world-renowned magician and performer Harry Houdini. Children will enjoy uncovering the secrets behind Houdini's famous illusions through interactive displays and activities. Will you past the test? Open Tue-Sat 10-4 pm. Sun 10-4 pm. Mon 10-4 pm (summer).
330 E College Ave, Appleton, Outagamie County.
- The Miller Art Center
- Permanent exhibit features collection of 20th century Wisconsin artists. Open Mon-Thu 7 am to 9 pm, Sat and Sun 10 am to 5 pm.
107 S Fourth Ave, Sturgeon Bay, Door County.
- The Old School
- Open Mon-Sat 10 am to 4 pm; Sun to 4 pm. Visit the classrooms and corridors of this 1905 schoolhouse and discover NORMAN ROCKWELL and FRANCES HOOK prints, figurines and memorabilia along with other collectibles and gifts.
315 Elizabeth Street, Mishicot, Manitowoc County.
- Three Lakes Historical Museum
- Call 715-546-3529.
1798 Huron St, Three Lakes, Oneida County.
- Two Rivers Historical Museum
- Call 920-793-1103 or 920-684-5228.
1810 Jefferson St, Two Rivers, Manitowoc County.
- Velte History Room
- Call 920-751-4602.
City Hall, Neenah, Winnebago County.
- Vilas County Historical Museum
- Call 715-542-3388.
Hwy 155, Sayner, Vilas County.
- Washington House Museum
- Call 920-793-2490.
1622 Jefferson St, Two Rivers, Manitowoc County.
- Washington Island Farm Museum
- Call 920-847-2156 or 920-847-2032.
Jackson Harbor Rd, Washington Island, Door County.
- Weis Earth Science Museum
- Call 920-832-2925.
UW Fox Valley, Winnebago County.
- Wisconsin Maritime Museum
- Extensive maritime museum with an authentic WW II submarine. Open daily summer 9 am to 6 pm, winter Mon-Sat 9 am to 5 pm, Sun 11 am to 5 pm.
75 Maritime Dr, Manitowoc, Manitowoc County.