Boat Cruises and Ferry Rides
Breweries & Vineyards
Canoe and Kayak Rivers
Canoe and Kayak Trip Outfitters
Casinos and Race Tracks
Cheese Factories & Tours
Farm Tours & Petting Zoos
Mountainbike & Off-road Trails
National Forests & Recreation Areas
Orchards & Pick-Your-Own
State Parks, Forests & Recreation Areas
Summer Camps & Youth Programs
Train Rides & Railroad Museums
Northwest Wisconsin Museums
( Click County Name to see where attraction is located )
- 1897 Clark County Jail Museum
- Victorian Home & Old County Jail. Public Tour. Fortress-like county jail. Tours include sheriff's quarters and cell block. Open Sundays 1 - 4 pm, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
215 E 5th St, Neillsville, Clark County.
- A World of Accordions Museum
- Accordions, figurines, and related artifacts are contained in the museum's displays. For more, simply come make a visit to the museum where you'll see "up close" the beautiful details of the many wonderful instruments and rare items on display!
Call 715-395-ARTS (2787).
1401 Belknap St, Superior, Douglas County.
- Area History Center
- Learn about Chippewa Falls history through photos and other resources. A genealogy library is also available.
123 Allen St, Chippewa Falls, , Chippewa County.
- Ashland Historical Museum
- "Preserving the Past for the Future." Open Monday through Friday - 10am to 4pm year round. Saturday - 10am to 2pm added in the summer. Changing historic Ashland displays, Geneology reseach, Unique Gift Shoppe.
509 West Main Street, Ashland, Ashland County.
- Bayfield Historical Museum
- Call 715-779-5958.
30 N Broad St, Bayfield, Bayfield County.
- Burnett County Historical Society Museum
- Open daylight hours.
8500 Cty Rd U, Danbury, Burnett County.
- Burnett County Museum
- May 24 - Labor Day Mon - Fri and 1:30 Sundays, also by appointment. Admission free.
8500 Cty Rd U, Danbury, Burnett County.
- Cable Natural History Museum
- Open Tue-Sat 10 am to 4 pm. Exhibits of mounted native wildlife.
Cty M, Cable, Bayfield County.
- Chippewa Falls Museum of Industry and Technology
- Exhibits include the Seymour Cray Supercomputer Collection, an interactive learning area and photographs and documents of historic industries.
21 E Grand Ave, Chippewa Falls, , Chippewa County.
- Chippewa Valley Museum
- Award-winning regional museum includes Anderson Log House and the one-room Sunnyview School. Open Tu-Su, 10 am to 5 pm. Daily in summer.
1204 Half Moon Drive, Eau Claire, Eau Claire County.
- Clear Lake Historical Museum
- Call 715-263-2042.
Clear Lake, Polk County.
- Dells Mill Museum
- Five story, water-powered historic grist mill. Open daily May to Oct, 10 am to 5 pm.
Augusta, Eau Claire County.
- Dells Mill Water Powered Museum
- Waterpowered mill built in 1864. May - Oct open 10 am - 5 pm. Admission fee.
Hwy 27, Augusta, 3 miles north on Hwy 27, Eau Claire County.
- Drummond Historical Museum
- Local and lumbering history. Open Monday, 9 am to 1 pm; Tues, Wed, & Fri, 11 am to 6 pm; Thursday 11 am to 7 pm; & Saturday 9 am to 1 pm.
14990 Superior Street, Drummond, Bayfield County.
- Empire in Pine Lumber Museum
- Lumbering tools, post office, jail, and stone quarry exhibit. Open May 1 - Sep 30, Noon - 5, Fri - Sun.
6 miles south of Menomonie, E4541 Cty Rd C, Downsville, Dunn County.
- Fairlawn Mansion and Museum
- 42-room Victorian mansion built in 1890. Open daily 9 amto 5 pm.
906 E 2nd St, Superior, Douglas County.
- Forts Folles Avoine Historical Park
- Call 715-866-8890.
8500 Cty Rd U, Danbury, Burnett County.
- Grantsburg Museum
- May - Sept 2 - 4 pm Sun. Free.
133 W Wisconsin Ave, Grantsburg, , Burnett County.
- Highground Veterans' Memorial Park
- Set atop a plateau overlooking 500,000 acres of the Black River State Forest. Grounds open 24 hours. Building open daily 9 am to 5 pm. Extended summer hours.
Hwy 10 W, Neillsville, Clark County.
- Iron County Historical Museum
- Open M, W, F and Sa 10 am to 2 pm. Closed holidays. Local history museum featuring the area's logging, farming and mining heritage.
202 Iron St, Hurley, Iron County.
- Little Red Schoolhouse and Rusk County Historical Museum
- Memorial Day - Labor Day 12:30 - 4:30 pm Sat and Sun.
Hwy 8 E, located in fairground, Ladysmith, Rusk County.
- Madeline Island Historical Museum
- Exhibits of rare and one-of-a-kind artifacts tell the whole story of the area's exploration and settlement, from prehistory to the present day. Prehistoric relics from the days of Ojibwe habitation rest alongside trade goods, missionaries' effects, tools of the lumbering and maritime industries, and other remnants of the island's human presence. Open Memorial Day to July 4th 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; July 5th through August 12th 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.; August 13 through October 14th 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
La Pointe, about 3 miles offshore from the city of Bayfield in Northern Wisconsin's Apostle Islands, Ashland County.
- Mellen Museum
- Memorial Day - Labor Day. Donations accepted.
Main St, Mellen, Ashland County.
- Museum of Woodcarving
- The world-famous "Museum of Woodcarving" is the largest collection of wood carvings in the world created by one man. In a span of less than 30 years, Joseph T. Barta created over four hundred miniature carvings and one hundred life-side figures - most based upon biblical theses. "The Last Supper" took Mr. Barta more than four years and over 25,000 pieces of wood to complete. Open daily May 1 through Oct, 9 am to 6 pm, Displays 100 life-sized carvings depicting the life of Christ as well as 400 miniature carvings.
Hwy 63 N, Shell Lake, One mile north of Shell Lake on Hwy 63, Washburn County.
- National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame
- Open daily mid-Apr to early Nov, 10 am to 5 pm. Mounts and photos of record fish, plus a 4-story building shaped like a musky.
1 Hall of Fame Dr, Hayward, Sawyer County.
- New Richmond Heritage Center
- Open year round Mon-Fri 10am to 4pm. Labor Day Sat and Sun 11am to 4pm. Restored historic buildings including an 1884 Victorian farmhouse, 1902 one-room school, 1933 general store and an 1887 Norwegian immigrant log cabin. Large Flea Market sale Sat and Sun from May through October. Farmers market Saturdays from July through October.
1100 Heritage Dr, New Richmond, St. Croix County.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitors Center
- Open 8 am to 6 pm daily. Observation tower, 100 seat theater, visitor info and trip planning, interpretive and historic exhibits.
29270 Cty G, Ashland, Bayfield County.
- Old Courthouse Museum
- Open Sun 1 - 5 pm the end of May through mid Oct. Donation.
Washington Square, Durand, , Pepin County.
- Old Firehouse and Police Museum
- Call 715-398-7558 or 715-394-7716 winter.
402 23rd Ave E, Superior, Douglas County.
- Old Post Office Museum
- Built in 1895. May 1 - Dec 15 11am - 5 pm.
Hwy 35, Stockholm, Pepin County.
- Old Town Hall Museum
- Open Saturdays and Sundays 11 am to 3 pm, the first full weekend in June through Labor Day Weekend. Museum housing artifacts from Price County's logging days.
Call toll-free 800-269-4505.
Hwy 13, Fifield, Price County.
- Osceola & St. Croix Valley Railway
- Diesel and steam train rides. The Osceola & St Croix Valley Railway is a Division of the Minnesota Transportation Museum. All members of the OSV trail family are volunteers and love to share their hobby with you. Charter days and times - Thurs 11am and 2pm, Sat and Sun 11am and 2:30 am. Trains operate May through October. Coach and First Class service available.
Call 715-755-3570 or toll-free 800-643-7412.
114 Depot Rd, Osceola, Polk County.
- Paul Bunyan Logging Camp
- Authentic reproduction of an 1890s logging camp in 134 acre Carson Park. Open first Monday in April through the first Monday in October every day from 10 am until 4:30 pm, except Easter Sunday.
Eau Claire, Eau Claire County.
- Pepin Historical Museum
- Call 715-442-3161.
306 3rd St, Pepin, Pepin County.
- Pepin Railroad Depot Museum
- Call 715-442-3011.
Laura Ingalls Wilder Park, Pepin County.
- Pioneer Village Museum
- 28 buildings representing the shops and trades of Barron County pioneers.
Call 715-458-2841 or 715-458-2080.
Hwy W, Cameron, Barron County.
- Polk County Museum
- Located at the Old Courthouse, the museum is open Memorial Day though Labor Day (including Holidays) Hours: Open Thursday through Sunday from noon to 4 pm. Handicap accessible on the north side of the building. There is also an entrance on the south side of the building on Old Courthouse Rd. Come and visit our new addition that has been recently completed and equipped with a new elevator!
W Main Street & Mill St, Balsam Lake, Polk County.
- Polk County Rural Life Museum
- Memorial Day - Labor Day Mon - Fri 9 am - 5 pm. Free admission.
Balsam Lake, Polk County.
- Port Wing Heritage Hall
- Call 715-774-3949.
8840 State Hwy 13, Port Wing, Bayfield County.
- Prescott Welcome and Heritage Center
- Displays of history of local and state interest.
Call 715-262-3284 or toll-free 800-474-3723.
233 Broad St, Prescott, Pierce County.
- Railroad Memories Museum
- Housed in the former Chicago & Northwestern Depot, the museum contains an outstanding collection of vintage railroading memorabilia from around the nation. It is staffed by volunteers, including the retired railroaders who lead guided tours through the old depot's 12 history-packed rooms. Open Memorial Day Weekend-Labor Day Weekend, Tuesday-Sunday Open at 10 am. Last tours Tues-Sat at 4pm and last tour on Sun at 3pm.
424 N Front St, Spooner, Washburn County.
- Rural Arts Museum
- Call 715-223-2712 or 715-223-2264.
107 S Second St, Colby, Clark County.
- Rusk County Historical Museum
- Open Memorial Day to Labor Day Sa and Su, 12:30-4:30 pm. Local history museum with little red school-house and old wooden jail.
Call 715-532-6450 or toll-free 800-535-7875.
Ladysmith Fairgrounds, Ladysmith, Rusk County.
- Russel J Rassbach Heritage Museum
- Open May 1 - Sep 30, Wed - Sun, 10 am to 5 pm; Winter Fri - Sun, Noon - 4 pm. 7500 square feet of intriguing local history.
1820 Wakanda St, Menomonie, Dunn County.
- S.S. Meteor Whaleback Ship Museum
- The S.S. Meteor is the last remaining of these innovative ships (called whalebacks for their rounded hulls). Launched from Superior in 1896, she carried a variety of cargos on the Great Lakes, including iron ore, grain, cars, and oil. In 1972 she was brought home to Superior. Hear the ship's whistle and see the original 1896 steam engine as you tour from pilot house to cargo holds. The Museum also features exhibits on Twin Ports shipbuilding history and Great Lakes shipwrecks.
Barker's Island, 906 E 2nd St, Superior, Douglas County.
- Sawyer County Historical Museum
- Open noon - 4 pm, Sat - Wed from May 31 until September 30; Sat and Sun through the winter or by appointment anytime. Local history museum featuring lumbering memorabilia.
Hwy B, Hayward, Sawyer County.
- Stanley Area Historical Museum
- Over 4,000 square feet of exhibits featuring area and early 1900 history. Separate building devoted to farming and logging. Memorial Day - Labor Day Sat and Sun 1 - 4 pm. Donations accepted.
228 Helgerson St, Stanley, , Chippewa County.
- The Barron County Historical Society Museum
- Walk Pioneer St and see 15 shops including old country church, jail, railroad depot, barbershop, doctors office, general store, original log pioneer home. Open June - Labor Day, Thurs through Sun 1 - 5 pm. Other days by appointment.
Museum Rd, Cameron, , Barron County.
- The Cooperage Museum
- Memorial Day - Oct daily 9:30 am - 3:30 pm. Guided tour daily 4 pm. Admission fee.
Across from the Madeline Island Ferry Landing,Washington Ave, Bayfield, , Bayfield County.
- Tufts Museum
- Large mansion on Main St; historic home. Tours.
26 Hewett St, Neillsville, Clark County.
- Washburn County Historical Museum
- Open Wed to Sat, 10 am to 4 pm, from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and Fri and Sat from Noon to 4 pm in September.
102 W Second Ave, Shell Lake, Washburn County.
- Washburn Historical Museum and Cultural Center
- Open Memorial Day to Labor Day, daily 10 am to 4 pm; call for early and late season hours. Local and regional history, dioramas, fine art exhibits.
Call 715-373-5591 or toll-free 715-373-2463.
1 E Bayfield St, Washburn, Bayfield County.
- WCCN's Wisconsin Pavilion
- Open Mon to Fri 8 am to 5 pm, Sat and Sun 9 am to 5 pm. Displays a collection of souvenirs, posters and models of the 1964-65 World's Fair, as well as "Chatty Belle".
Neillsville, Clark County.
- Wilson Place Museum
- A colonial-style house built in 1859 by Captain Wilson, founder & first mayor of the city of Menomonie. In 1892, his daughter Angelina Stout expended the home into a Queen Anne style mansion including 17 fireplaces, a third floor ballroom and a carved mahogany staircase. In the 1920s Wilson's grandson, George La Pointe Jr reduced the size of the house creating a Mediterranean style villa. Open May to Sep, Wed to Sat, 1 to 5. Open daily for Victorian Christmas for mid-Nov thru Dec.
Call 715-235-2283 for an appointment anytime.
101 Wilson Circle, Menomonie, Dunn County.
- Wisconsin Concrete Park
- Open year-round. Outdoor folk-art museum features concrete sculptures festooned with bits of broken glass, ceramics and stones.
Call 715-339-4505 or toll-free 800-269-4505.
Hwy 13 S of Phillips, Price County.